Skip to main content

Vacation prep and dreaming of warm weather



After only our first snow fall of the season, I'm over it. Who is with me! The blog has been slow as my family passed illnesses back and forth, then back and forth again. What is keeping me motiviated these days is the fact that we have two vacations to look forward to - and both are to warmer locations!


First, in February we are heading to Disney. Should be about 70 degrees so we are looking forward to a break from the cold weather! The VRBO we are staying at also has an indoor pool attached to the house, along with a club house with an outdoor pool. We will be spending two days in the parks as well. If you have gone to Disney in February and have any tips, let me know in the comments! We have not yet flown with both the kids so it's a first all around. Then pretty soon after, we are going to Mexico with the kids to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (wow, time flies!). I am hoping that what we buy for Disney can be used again for Mexico, but that likely won't stop me from hunting for warm weather deals on clothing.


This is the first time we are travelling somewhere warm when it is cold where we live, so it's been a little bit of a struggle to shop when all the winter coats are out and we need swim suits. For that reason, I've rounded up some of my favorite "vacation finds" in case any of my readers find themselves in the same situation. I've broken it down by women, men and kids, if there is a must have that I missed, please let me know in the comments! (Note: All prices are valid at time of post, but sales change all the time.)


Women
My shopping was focused on Nordstrom since they were having some great deals over the holiday and promotions regarding spending and earning Nordstrom notes. I turned around and used the notes at Nordstrom Rack on kids items!


Leith Ruched Body-Con Tank Dress - $33.60 (40% off)
This comes in tons of fun spring/summer colors and despite it being form fitting it is flattering! Add some spanx and rock the look. My only critism is that the back layer of fabric is thinner than the front, so I would personally stick with a darker color with some spanx shorts underneath. Other than than, it's comfy, you can throw a jean jacket on, maybe add a statement necklace....it's easy to accessorize it to dress up or down. It really looks great with flip flops or with a heel. With 2.7k reviews earning it 4.5 stars, trust me when I say you will love it! And it's from Nordstrom so free shipping, and if you aren't in love, free returns.


https://fave.co/2ARXJAl




Chelsea28 Scallop Triangle Bikini Top $49.00
If I could go back in time to when I was a lifeguard and young, I would be like yes girl, wear your bikini all the time you will never look better. But now I'm just embracing the mom bod and this top is adorable. I paired it with an older pair of print bottoms I have from Victoria's Secret swim line so I can't give a review on the matching bottoms, but the material on the top provides enough coverage and it's really cute and flattering. It has removable soft padding. It did say on the website to order one size up, so I took advantage of free shipping and returns, and I ordered a M, L and XL (the sizing is based on a shirt size, I'm a M but I have a bigger chest so I didn't want to have to keep exchanging!). In the end the L worked best for me. I'd say order at least two sizes to get a feel on the best fit.
https://fave.co/2QWbm6D


Twist Front Bandeau One-Piece Swimsuit $109
I had a very simliar swim suit (different brand) last year that was ruined after my husband did a load of wash with a pen in his pocket. Wah!! I looked all over and my old suit was not available, but I had this swim suit in the past in a navy (received from Trunk Club a few years back) so I grabbed it in black. I've had 2 c-sections and this is flattering! Plus, it stays put up top. When I'm on vacation and wearing different swim suits each day, I hate tan lines so I really like the neckline on this.
https://fave.co/2T05H1h


Bed Stu Soto G V-Strap Sandal $135
I had been eyeing these since seeing them at a boutique last year, but I didn't want to splurge. Over the holidays when Nordstrom was offering a deal on spending a certain amount and earning Nordstrom Notes I took the plunge. It was the only way I was going to "save" any money buying these. Let me tell you - these are worth every penny!! The leather is so soft and these are so incredibly comfortable. Since it's still cold here I've only worn them around my house and stared lovingly at them, so I can't say you can walk for miles and miles in them, but these are for sure going to be my go to on vacation (with the exception of walking in the Disney parks!).
https://fave.co/2APYDgM


Madewell Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee $19.50
This is my "mom uniform" - this top with jeans or jean shorts, a Kendra Scott necklace and some BB cream. I grabbed another one in white, this way I can layer really any cardigan I own while on the plane and still look put together, then be in short sleeves when I arrive. Or in case trying to keep my kids occupied on the plane makes me break out in a sweat, I'm also covered for that situation. My main issue on these is that they are thin (not see through though!) and tend to rub against your jean button and will eventually cause little holes. Best way to avoid this is to wear some jeggings or pull on jeans. But for the price, and these are often on sale for $14.50, I wear them to death and get my money's worth.
https://fave.co/2QYtBIO
Men
I do well shopping for my husband at J.Crew factory. They always seem to have some summer styles available too and great sales! At the time of this post, the whole site is 50% off.


Printed Swim short $29.50
Full disclosure, I could not find the exact swim short I purchased, but it was very similiar to this style. My husband has been buying swim trunks for like ever from J.Crew Factory and they really hold up well. I had to like wrestle an old pair away from him to get him to start wearing a new pair.
https://fave.co/2T2jEM7


Gramercy Broken-In Short $23-$34.99.
These are in a lot of colors, since we pack light, my husband's go to is the khaki and navy. Neutrals help to mix and match. These are comfy, but nice for going out to eat as well. If you are going to a resort, a lot want men to wear long pants to dinner (which it's winter here so we are covered), but this year we are going to a more "family friendly" resort, so nice shorts are ok.
https://fave.co/2T3sadG


Short Sleeve Polos are all $19.50 right now as well! Resorts typically require a colored shirt and polos are the way to go. See them all here from J.Crew Factory.


Kids
My kid finds came from Boden and Nordstrom Rack.
Tucker + Tate Sundress $14.50
The back detail on this is really cute and my daughter was a fan of the blue print. Very easy to match with white sandals since we pack really light! Easy to throw some navy or white bike shorts under as well.
https://fave.co/2T3XUQa


Nike Revolution sneakers $24.97 (45% off!)
My little man needed some good walking shoes for our trip, he has been wearing boots mostly. This baby and toddler size pair was a great price! I like having the velcro over the laces for little ones shoes.
https://fave.co/2T1koRL


Harper Canyon Flip Flop $9.97
Comes in 3 fun prints, my daughter picked the stars. She says they are comfy so I'm taking her word for it!
https://fave.co/2ASCQ86

Cross Back Swim suit $13.20-$15.40 (was $22)
Boden is having a great clearance sale right now! I love their swim, last year the line ran small so I knew already to size up, just FYI if you haven't bought swim from there before for kids.
https://fave.co/2T08g3h
Adventure Towelling Shorts $10.40- $13 (was $26).
Ok these are awesome! I was hooked when the kids were small and I had to change them immediately out of their swimwear and swim diaper, they were still a little wet and these are like a towel and I could put them in their car seats and know they would dry up. With my toddler, we still have to change him out of his swim and pop him into some towelling shorts. My daughter now wears them over her swim suit.
https://fave.co/2T2jkNp




What do you think, any other summer or warm weather styles you are loving right now? Leave me a note in the comments! We are expecting even more snow this weekend, so if you are also in this situation, stay warm!

Follow us on Facebook or Join our group Online Deals and Steals.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of Amazon Prime

Prime Day 2022 is right around the corner! If you've been considering joining Amazon Prime, now is the time to do it. It's a membership program that offers a lot of extras for an annual fee of $119. It can seem like an expensive proposition compared to other services, but there are plenty of benefits that make signing up worth it – especially if you're a frequent Amazon shopper. If you're on the fence about whether to pay the annual fee and join Prime, here are some reasons why we think it's worth your while: Free Two Day Shipping As a Prime member, you get free two-day shipping on millions of items. And if you're not in a rush, select items qualify for free one-day delivery—even on the weekends. Free Video Streaming Stream thousands of movies and TV shows from Amazon Prime Video. Amazon Prime Video has a lot of exclusive content, just like other streaming services. Amazon original content includes shows such as The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Free Mu

#NSALE kids picks 2022

  The Nordstrom anniversary sale went live today for card holders to access the sale before the general public. The sale opens to the public on July 15th, but you can still preview the sale online and add items to your wish list!  It’s a rainy day here in Delaware, so my daughter and I decided to check out the sale in store and here are some of the kids items we snagged during the early access sale:  Boys : The North face Peril Glacier is an item I buy about every other year during the sale, and we’ve just been sizing up! This is a toddler size item so it goes up to 6T. If you have older boys check out the other north face options in bigger sizes . The Nike star runner 3 sneaker for my little guy is perfect because it’s lightweight mesh and has a Velcro closure. Toddler and little kid sizes for this one!  The Quicksilver kids rainy season long-sleeve cotton graphic tee comes in sizes from toddler to big boy it’s a great item for a rainy summer day like today, that will transition

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022

  When is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is an annual event that takes place at the end of summer and early fall. It officially begins on July 6th and ends on August 21, so you can take advantage of these sales from late July through mid-August. This year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022 opens up shopping access on July 9th for Influencer Cardmember Early Access and July 15th for public access. What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a twice-yearly event that takes place in June and August. During these two periods, nordstrom offers deep discounts on clothing, accessories, shoes and home goods. The best time to shop during the sale is when you need to stock up on new wardrobe staples for next fall or winter. Check out the digital catalog to start getting ideas! How to Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022 You can shop the sale online and in store. Here's how to do it: Shop online: Visit nordstrom.